Here's how YOU can help!
CHEESE CENTRAL'S charitable programs
There are numerous cheeses in the world that have “Saint,” “ St.” or “San” as part of the name, developed over the centuries in monasteries or convents. A portion of the purchase of any of these cheeses from CHEESE CENTRAL will benefit a local food closet. Also, at our "new-to-you" bookshelf, we accept gently used cookbooks. One hundred percent of each $5 sale will go directly to benefit the food closet.
Thank you for thinking of CHEESE CENTRAL as a partner in your fundraising efforts. Listed below are our guidelines for donation requests. Please be sure to adhere to these guidelines for your requests to be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Guidelines are as follows:
All donation requests must be submitted in writing (email: type "Donation Request and date" in subject line, or physical letter addressed to "ATTN: Donation Request") on the organization's letterhead. The following information is required for your request to be considered: date of the event, purpose of the event/cause, type of event, tax ID number, and specific donation you are requesting.
All donation requests must be submitted in writing at least four weeks in advance of event. This allows time for review and preparation of your request, if granted.
We receive many, many requests throughout the year. We would love to support every cause, but cannot due to budgetary restraint, as we are sure you can understand. The goal of these submission guidelines is to ensure that we consider all groups equally.
We wish you the very best of luck with your event!
Please download our APPLICATION and return by mail at 11 N. School St. Lodi, CA 95240, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only original, signed applications will be considered. Please do not FAX. Thank you!
Perks for working at CHEESE CENTRAL:
1. Part-time & seasonal positions. Pay DOE.
2. Educational opportunities like visiting local dairies, cheesemakers, food shows, etc.
3. Employee discount after 90 days (on all in-store purchases and classes!)
4. Participate in shop product selections
5. Coffee & staff treats, birthday treats and endless CHEESE CENTRAL fun!
6. In-store trivia games with participation rewards
Availability (for all positions):
-Monday through Sunday, scheduled usually 4-5 days per week and holidays where needed (as determined on individual schedule). Occasional sixth day on work schedule will be indicated with advance notice. -Hours are usually 20-25 per week (as determined on individual schedule)
- Attend to customers at the cheese counter, as priority
- Maintain sample cups
- Maintain cheese cases
- Maintain cleanliness of cheese case area, and fill supplies for service
- Cut cheeses for catering, events, and classes, or for any other special projects
- Refer to printed Cutting Guide, Opening Duties worksheet, or any other instructions for daily duties.
-Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
HEAD CHEESEMONGER, part-time
See CHEESEMONGER list above, plus the following additional duties:
- Training of all shop staff regarding cheese handling, sharing of additional knowledge and information, cut/wrap, labeling and food safety
- Assist with identifying product for ordering
POS / DELECTABLE PANTRY, part-time
- Attend to guests at the POS counter register, as priority. Handle money transactions, fill guests bags, and offer picnic supplies.
- Assist in stocking shop shelves with Delectable Pantry items. Help maintain the back stock log of products.
- Knowledge of each Delectable Pantry product, and how it relates to the cheese counter.
- Shop maintenance: cleaning shelves, glass, wood surfaces, furniture and floors. Maintenance also refers to upkeep of the front outside of shop.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.